What is it that drives people to online dating? Well for me it came in many forms:
- My utter and complete inability to be normal around men
- I once asked a man his favorite color as pillow talk and when he answered, I responded with “Oh really?!?!?! My car is green!!!” You could hear all those punctuation marks in my voice.
- I’m single
- It gets tiring being the 3rd, 5th, or 11th wheel
- My father
- Dad has gone so far as to create a fictitious relationship between myself and a friend who is 7 years younger than me– he can’t even drink! Dad managed to convince half my hometown (and my grandmother) to believe it was real.
- My friends worrying about my future as a crazy cat woman
- I’m actually allergic to cats, but since I just taught myself how to crochet, I can get hairless cats and crochet them all sweaters.
- But the real kicker came in the mail the other day and was addressed to “Ms. Deviant Dater and Guest.”
- “and Guest”?!?!?!
Now hold up there! I have 7 weeks before I have to RSVP….